Wednesday 20 May 2009

How did nature come up with that!

I just had a bad night, and by that I mean I didn't sleep at all. This happens to me quite often ( for reasons I can't even begin to explain) and most of the time I just bury my face in a good book and sneak downstairs at a sensible time, but this night/morning, I lost track of time and only discovered it was 4:45am when I looked out my bedroom window and was met by one of the most beautiful sites I have seen in my 16 years on this earth. I saw the dark side of the moon half-outlined in silver and the shining north star, all set to the backdrop of faded pale blue and dusty yellow with infinitely fine layers of wispy clouds and the most peacful soundtrack of birdsong ever.

I have seen gorgeous sunsets in umpteen different countries on 2 continents, but this blew them all clear out of the water. If someone asked me who my favourite artist was, I sure as hell wouldn't choose the guy who painted himself in drag, or the other guy who cut his ear off, I would choose Mother Nature, every time. We Brits often complain about who crap the weahter is in this country, what with it raining all the time and so on, but I challenge any human being to see what I can right now , and not be impressed by it.

Bugger, the battery on my camera's gone flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment